Norwich Labour Party will fully fund two CLP delegates – one for each constituency.
Closing date for NLP self nominations is 5pm, Sunday 6 May 2018 – statements will be included in the NLP newsletter on Monday 7 May, and in the Report Pack handed out at AMM on 11 May.
- Norwich North CLP delegate can be of any gender identity
- Norwich South CLP delegate must be a woman
- Additional delegates will only be selected if further funding is raised for this purpose. This approach was agreed at the All Members Meeting in March.
If you would like to attend conference as a delegate, for Norwich North or Norwich South, please email a short statement (max 500 words) to email@example.com – this could include eg info about yourself, your involvement with Norwich Labour Party, why you wish to represent Norwich as a delegate etc. Deadline 5pm Sunday 6 May 2018.
To be eligible, you must have joined the Labour Party on or before 22 June 2017, and must be a member in the relevant constituency.
Delegates for Norwich North and Norwich South will be elected by members of each constituency at AMM on 11 May. Please note that this will be on the basis of written candidates’ statements – candidates will invited to stand up / raise their hand so that members can identify them, but will not be invited to speak.
If anyone needs practical help with preparing their statement, please let me know, so that we can arrange the necessary support – firstname.lastname@example.org / 07774 846927
Whilst we are entitled to send up to 3 more delegates from Norwich North, and up to 8 more from Norwich South, selecting any further delegates will depend on having raised additional funds to support the attendance of extra delegates at conference. It will not be possible for delegates to ‘pay for themselves’ (however any member can attend as a visitor).
If you would like to contribute to the fund to support extra delegates, or can help organise fundraising for this, contact Rosemary Duff – email@example.com / 07774 846927
Prior to AMM on 8 June Norwich Labour Party will total the additional funding available for supporting delegates going to conference and make a decision about how many additional delegates will be elected at the AMM.
- Delegates will be expected to attend conference sessions each day, and prepare a report of their experiences to share with members following conference
- Preference will be given to new attendees / those who have not attended conference in recent years
- If delegates find that they are unable to attend, they must let NLP know promptly, with reasons, so that we can reallocate their place
- Norwich North can send up to 4 delegates – 1 First CLP delegate (no gender restriction), 1 Additional CLP delegate (gender balanced), 1 Additional woman delegate, 1 Additional youth delegate
- Norwich South can send up to 9 delegates – 1 First CLP delegate (woman), up to 6 Additional CLP delegates (gender balanced), 1 Additional woman delegate, 1 Additional youth delegate
- Any Labour Party member is welcome to attend Annual Conference as a visitor – full week balcony passes cost £110 (£65 retired unwaged), day passes cost £55 (£30 retired or unwaged) – deadline is 3 August 2018, go to labevents.org/ac2018member
Womens Conference – Saturday 23 September
Norwich North and Norwich South are each entitled to send a delegate to the Labour Party Womens Conference, which takes place immediately prior to the main conference.