Our pledges to you
- Protect services and support communities. Protect and invest in the valued services which our community depend on and continue to tackle poverty and inequality.
- Build new council homes, protect private renters and tackle homelessness. Invest and deliver hundreds of new council homes, tackle bad landlords through a Tenants’ Charter and eliminate homelessness in the city.
- Tackle the Climate Emergency and invest in our environment. Protect and invest in our precious environment through our award-winning parks, cut carbon and improve air quality, boost recycling, reduce energy costs, and promote energy efficiency.
- Safe streets: clean streets. Support our police team in tackling crime and anti-social behaviour. Invest in new mobile CCTV, alley gates, secure door entry systems and better lighting to protect residents’ homes and take tough action to keep tackling graffiti and fly-tipping.
- Invest in our city: increase opportunity. Invest over £70m this year to help the local economy with new housing, quality apprenticeships and jobs. Tackle low pay and insecure work by making Norwich a ‘Real Living Wage’ city and deliver a ‘Fine City Employers Charter’ to reward those who treat their workers with respect.