Congratulations to all the Labour candidates who were elected on 2 May to Norwich City Council and to Broadland District Council.
The hard work put in over the last few months in Sprowston Central paid off – Labour took both seats, so we now have a Labour presence on Broadland District Council. Congratulations to Natasha Harpley and Breanne Cook!
For Norwich City Council the whole council was up for election, ie three seats in each of the 13 wards. Overall, Labour won 27 seats, the Greens took 9 and LibDems 3. Whilst we took the third Town Close seat from the Greens, they took back seats in Mancroft, Nelson and Thorpe Hamlet, giving a net loss of 4 seats.
- Bowthorpe – Sally Button, Mike Sands, Sue Sands all re-elected for Labour
- Catton Grove – Gail Harris, Paul Kendrick, Mike Stonard all re-elected for Labour
- Crome – Marion Maxwell, Alan Waters re-elected, Adam Giles elected (Labour)
- Eaton – LibDems held all three seats
- Mancroft – Green Party took all 3 seats, David Fullman and Jo Smith (Labour) lost their seats
- Nelson – Green Party took all 3 seats, Hugo Malik and Emma Hampton (Labour) lost their seats
- Thorpe Hamlet – Green Party took all 3 seats, Cavan Stewart (Labour) lost his seat
- Mile Cross – Jake Huntley, Vaughan Thomas, Vivien Thomas all re-elected for Labour
- Lakenham – Keith Driver, Patrick Manning re-elected, Jane Sarmezey elected (Labour)
- Sewell – Julie Brociek-Coulton, Matthew Packer re-elected, Laura McCartney-Gray elected (Labour)
- Town Close – Karen Davis, Ian Stutely re-elected, Cate Oliver took the third seat from the Greens (Labour)
- University – Matthew Fulton-McAlister, Beth Jones, Roger Ryan all re-elected for Labour
- Wensum – Erin Fulton-McAlister, Kevin Maguire, Martin Peek all re-elected for Labour
A huge thank you to everyone involved in the campaign, both in the run-up and on polling day itself. Special mention to our Agent, Alan Pawsey, for his wise and supportive guidance and control throughout the campaign, to Sam Earl, who (among much else) masterminded our excellent leaflets, to Adam Giles (Campaigns Coordinator) who put in so much effort to keep us all in line and out canvassing, and to Matt Reilly who ran the successful campaign in Sprowston Central as part of the wider strategy to secure Norwich North in the future. Commiserations to those who lost their seats, despite all their hard work – wider events conspired against us. Hopefully we will take these seats back again over the next four years.
Click on the links below for full results for City, also District councils: