Paul Andell will speak about county lines drug issues, plus a chance to hear from MEP candidate(s) for East of England
Because of the EU elections scheduled for 23 May, we can’t hold our scheduled All Members Meeting on Friday 10 May (meetings suspended during elections).
Instead, we will hold this as a social meeting – Broadland and South Norfolk CLP members are welcome to join us:
- Friday 10 May – from 7.30pm
- St Marks Church Hall, Hall Road, NR1 3HL
- Dr Paul Andell, Senior Lecturer in Criminology at the University of Suffolk, will speak about his research into the impact of County Lines drug distribution networks
- We also hope to have one of our MEP candidates for the East of England, to find out more about campaigning effectively for the EU elections
- Bring your own drinks / snacks if you like (but please take your rubbish / empties away with you at the end of the evening).
This will be a chance for members to get together after the local elections, to take stock (in a social setting) of the outcome of the all-out City elections, plus Broadland and South Norfolk, and also consider the European elections.
Deadlines for national conference related business have been extended, so these items will now be dealt with at our June AMM (14 June) – selecting conference delegates plus CLP nominations for various national positions.
Click here for more info re selections for national conference.
Democracy review 2018 – implementing changes to CLPs – the make-up of EC will change as a result of the 2018 democracy review, with a wider number of role holders (click here for details) plus branch secretaries (or another branch representative) entitled to attend and vote. The process of implementing this in Norwich CLP is now underway, and will take full effect following the AGM in July. We will be calling for applications for all EC roles in coming weeks – if you would be willing and able to play an active role in the running of our CLP, this is your opportunity.