Our June All Members Meeting was held last Friday 14 June. 90 members attended.
Delegates for National Conference –
- Bridget Lely (Sewell) was elected to represent Norwich North
- Charlie Pritchard (University) was elected to represent Norwich South
Motions from branches:
- Funding Conference Delegates Motion: (Sewell) – the majority of members opposed this motion
- Motion on Immigration (Thorpe Hamlet) – this motion was carried with no votes against
- Time allocated to Clive Lewis MP at AMMs (Eaton) – this motion was remitted (to be revised and resubmitted at a later date)
- National Independent Living Support Service Motion: (Sewell) – this was deferred until next month, for consideration as a CLP motion to go to National Conference.
Roy Blower – Peter Medhurst gave a tribute to long-standing member Roy Blower, former City and County Councillor and Lord Mayor, who died earlier this month
Ray Britt – Nick Williams gave a tribute to Ray Britt, past City Councillor and chief whip when Labour’s majority was wafer thin, who died in April
Vote of thanks to Alan Pawsey, NLP agent 2010-2019 deferred till next month, as Alan was unable to attend.
100 Club – First prize Topher Wright (£182), second prize Clive Lewis (£78)
DISCUSSION: Labour Party policy – CLP input to National Policy Forum Consultation. Feedback from this next week / on the NLP website once processed.