The 2019 Annual General Meeting of Norwich Labour Party will be held on Friday 12th July at 7:30 pm at St Marks Church Hall, Hall Road NR1 3HL.
An email was sent out to members on Friday 5/7, which was the formal AGM invitation with all relevant details and attachments.
At the AGM we will be:
- Approving the updated NLP Rules and Standing Orders, which need to be amended to reflect the changes in CLP officer roles approved at Conference last year
- Electing the new Executive Committee for Norwich Labour Party
- Electing members for the Norfolk Local Campaign Forum and the Broadland Local Campaign Forum
You must show your Party Membership card or photo ID in order to take part in any ballots.
Electing the new NLP EC:
The deadline for self-nominations was 5pm on Saturday 29 June. Nominations were received for all positions as follows (click on the name below to read each member’s statement, or click here to read all statements plus links to role descriptions).
- CLP Chair / President – Mike Stonard
- CLP Secretary – Rosemary Duff
- Treasurer – Nick Williams
- Membership Officer – Natasha Harpley
- Women’s Officer – Rachel Everett
- Policy Officer – Jess Carrington, Liam Murphy *
- Communications and Social Media Officer – Emma Hampton
- Trades Union Officer – Chrissie Rumsby and Glenn Springett (Job Share)
- Political Education Officer – Sarah Taylor
- Disability Coordinator – Ashley Bowhill, Kate Kingdon *
- BAME Coordinator – Iftekhar Alam
- Youth Officer – George Lankester, Charlie Pritchard, Joe Williams *
- LGBT+ Coordinator – Ben Hardie
- Campaigns Coordinator – Adam Giles and Jo Smith (Job Share)
- Fundraising Coordinator – Nikki Aldous
There will be a vote for the three contested positions – Policy, Disability and Youth.
Local Campaign Forums:
The Norfolk LCF and the Broadland LCF are the committees that plan and organise election campaigning for Norfolk County Council and for Broadland District Council respectively. They shortlist potential local government candidates for members to vote on, and work with CLPs and the national party to deliver winning campaigns.
- Norfolk Local Campaign Forum:
Two representatives from each of Norwich North and Norwich South, plus reserves.
- Broadland Local Campaign Forum:
One representative from each of Hellesdon, Old Catton & Sprowston, and Thorpe St. Andrew, with the fourth representative and the reserve to be from any of these branches.
If any NLP member would like to be a member of the relevant LCF for 2019-20, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday 11 July. If the number putting their names forward exceeds the number of relevant places, representatives will be chosen by a vote.